Wednesday 10 December 2014

In What Ways Does Your Media Product Use, Develop or Challenge Forms and Conventions of Real Media Products?

In What Ways Does Your Media Product Use, Develop or Challenge Forms and Conventions of Real Media Products?


The conventions that I have used for my music magazine are similar to those used on professional magazine that a large quantity of people read. 

An example of a convention that I have used is the layout. The layout of my magazine is that similar to Q magazines, the reason for this being that Q magazine is a well established music magazine with a readership of nearly 400,000 and it made my magazine look as if it was professional. Although I have followed some of the conventions that Q magazine uses, I feel that however, I have made my magazine unique to others and this will help with making it stand out to readers. 
Another convention used in my magazine is the colour scheme. The colours I used throughout my magazine were red, white and black, this was because I felt these colours really went well together and gave the magazine a friendly feel to it. 
The puff for my magazine is the logo, this is the certain aspect of my magazine that stands out from the rest of it because it isn't the stereotypical kind of logo that you will find on magazines and I feel that my logo helps readers to slightly recognise what style this magazine it is that they are reading.
A traditional convention that I have used on my magazine front cover is a main image. The main image I have used is of my feature artist. The image I decided to uses as my main front cover image is one where the artist looks relaxed and seems to be enjoying herself. This will help when coming to sell it as the image is really friendly and will encourage readers to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment