Friday 19 December 2014

Looking Back at Your Preliminary Task, What Do You Feel You Have Learnt in The Progression From it to The Full Product?


Looking Back at Your Preliminary Task, What Do You Feel You Have Learnt in The Progression From it to The Full Product?

Preliminary
Looking back at my preliminary task, I feel that I have learnt a lot about different software’s that can be used in the process of making a magazine look really professional and to a very good standard.

Final Magazine Front Cover
From doing the preliminary task, I have learnt that Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is not the correct software to be using to make a professional looking magazine, even though it is easy and simple to use. It may have been a good software to use but the final product would not have been to the professional standard needed to achieve a good grade. This meant that I had to use Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, which after a while, became very easy to use and allowed me to create a unique magazine. One which looked professional and to a good enough standard to be published be a media institution.

As well as that, I have also learnt how to make my layout more complicated and appealing to the reader. By having a layout that appeals to the target audience and includes content of what they want from a magazine also helps to make this appealing and professional. In my preliminary task, my layout is boring and it is hard to see the cover lines on the page meaning that it is hard to appeal to the readers. I learnt from this and so for my final magazine front cover, I made sure that each cover line was separate and you can see this by the red lines under each of the cover lines. Also, I made each cover line a different colour in the hope that it will draw in the readers attention. I feel that my final magazine front cover page stands out more than what what preliminary page does.

No comments:

Post a Comment